Thursday, June 11, 2009

reunion, atuk's lecture and the nazs brother

my so-called holiday



All I can think is plenty of sleeping time..hahaha...yup2..it's the greatest plesure besides eating and shopping! finally i can rest my head and have a good rest, though it's only one week.





I didn't get the chance to go back to alor setar this time. Stayed at home and eat and sleep. And of course, one special ocassion that never miss out during school holidays; WEDDING! it's like a never-ending event. wedding of paklongs..pakngahs..paklangs..makteh mak itu mak ini and the list goes on and on. As for my mum's side, wedding of abang itu and abang ini and kakak..and all my cousins who are getting married..it's like an endless list of wedding. But anyways, I still have to go and face the kenduri-kendara and usually it takes more than a day. God!..susahnye nk buat wedding..sampai berhari-hari.






An appropriate and precise definition of wedding for my family is the family reunion, and not just a celebration of welcoming another new member to the family. It's the opportunity for everyone to gather and exchange stories...news..updating themselves. Common questions which are being asked during the 'gathering' includes.."yg ni anak sulung eh? knape nmpk laen skrg?"...."skrg study mana?"...."knape kakak nmpak mcm adik?"...."knapa ambik course tu?"..."knapa itu dan knapa ini?" urggh!! there's just too much hows and whys. Sometimes it really annoys me to answer all these questions from my aunts and uncles. And suprise, suprise..at this time of event also there's gonna be free lecture from atuk2 sedara dan nenek juge... the lecture's of course specially for us, the beloved cucu2. To begin with, recently, at my cousin's wedding, I met my atuk sedara and his wife whom I have not met for a few years. Then, guess what? as usual..the first few standard questions.."where are studying nw?...what course?...etc...and the final question.."do u have a boyfriend?" And i was shocked!! i mean why are they asking me that question.?? okay.. then silence was my only response. And he was like..."no..no..u must have one now!! u need to have a boyfriend!!...u've entered college, so right now u have to have one...." and fyi, he and his wife both are professor and the whole entire lecture has nothing at all associated with studies, instead it's about finding ur love!! And he even told me that bf is the first that u must look forward to once u went into uni..and that he said is one of the important task i need to complete besides getting a degree..or else I'll end up marrying an aussie guy. My nek then started to tell me her love story with atuk and how girls are supposed to jual mahal at first..it's funny how she told us about the guys she rejected and then my atuk warned me not to jual mahal sangat. ouch!!! i'm not ( ok atuk..i'll try ) Anyway, I should thank him for the lecture.


I got to meet my nephews and nieces too! It's almost one year or more since I last saw them and God, they're growing at a faster rate than I thought..haha. Being surrounded by them, unfortunately, made me feel old. And yeah..more suprise for me, there's 2 new babies!!..i'm getting more nieces and nephews. well most of them aged between 9 months and 5 years old and u can imagine how noisy it was. running here and there, climbing and some of them who just learnt to walk just can't sit still and moved around in the house. There's crying, and screaming and those unbearable noises..but still kids are kids. It's not that I'm not used to this, but it's just too many of them at one time. So, I, as so called 'aunty', have no choice but to entertain and babysit them..yup babysit, but not for long of course, i'm not that good with kids..hahah. But they're really cute and adorable. Here are some pictures of them...


































































































































No comments:

Post a Comment