Wednesday, January 20, 2010

it wasn't




i've been thinking a lot lately..seriously, a lot..

the idea of flying is always in my mind all this while and now too, and all i think about while studying was only flying high to the land of kangaroos and koalas, Australia. that's what drive me to study hard..the word FLYING..hah!!
hopes and dreams and a part of a well-planned future of mine. a well-planned future?? truth to be told, there was no plan. there was, but it was not this. it was only me graduating from high school and getting my spm results and go to any university which offers architecture, my one and only interest. days went by, and i got my results, thank God, good enough for me to secure a place in universities in Malaysia. Universiti Malaya was the place I suppose to go..as offer letter arrived in my mailbox, i was glad, happy and thankful that i got it. in my mind, there's only architecture, campus life and a new car.there were no kangaroos.

i was excited over UM, but not for long.another news came along.


it was a calm and wonderful morning, on my bed, when i received a call from a friend of mine...

"hani dear, morning..u tdo lagi ke?"

"haa..ye..i bru bgun..yy??"

"u bgun cepat, gi check internet, results jpa scholarship dah kluar, gi check cepat"

uh-uh..then only i remember about the scholarship. okay, my feelings were weird. i felt stupid and unhappy and scared at that moment..and i thought.."what on earth are you thinking?? scholarship?? and u think u're gonna get it??!"


just to make sure of this thought, i turned on the laptop but, the line was busy and i can't check the results. so that's that, i guess. i thought, why waste time waiting for the internet..definitely saye tak terpilih :(

cepat2 pgi mandi dan bersiap utk ke rumah pakcik saye for a small makan-makan. my mood was still unhappy though i didn't know the results.

On the way to my uncle's house...

received a text message from my fren again..

"asma, u dah check??"

"not yet, line's busy my dear..so later la, i'm on my way to my uncle's house ni, so xde internet :("

not long after dat...

my phone rang... it's her(my fren again)

"babe..erm i dah check kan for you"

"hah??!! how? mcm mane u blh check?? line bz kot"

"erm..i called jpa"

"oouhh..ok..so? cmne??"

"jap..u architecture kan syg?"

"yeah..."

"hehe..just to mke sure. erm babe sorry la u x dapat la..."

huh....i can't describe how i felt when she said this, i already knew that i'm not that good for this scholarship and i think it was silly of me to think i'm going to get this scholarship.ok, the conversation went on..

"never mind la hany, u still goin to UM, that's a good university okay..top kot kat malaysia, so don't be sad yeah"

"oh erm xpela, i know, takde rezeki kot, anyway thank u cz tolong i check.."

ok and there was silence... ...."hello??"

"oh my God!! Asma Hani!! c'mon la babe, what are u thinking?? HAHAHAH!!" (okay dia gelak gle evil kot tyme nih)

"huh? dee..why?" (and me as usual, blurr..cube utk figure out nape minah ni gelak evil sgt?)

"asma hani..weyh ko ni...ya Allah..syg, takkan la u x dapat??!! u dapat la!!"

ok this time around, i was speechless, and actually i was confused (ni dapat ke x sebenarnye? huh)

"asma..u there? babe congrats!! oh my God, i'm sooooo happy..u deserved it hany..i know from the very start that u're gonna get this scholarship...haniii?...hani??" ( ok saye mmg xtau nak cakap apa waktu nih..sgt2 terkejut )

"erm..yeah? i'm still here...ouh ok alhamdulillah..wait, huh..i still can't believe this"

"syg..u dpt la, i saje tipu u mula2....nk tgk ur reaction, u caye eh i ckp mula2 tu?"

"oh dee..bia btul ni?"

"oh my God asma! u GOT IT!! i sendiri call jpa, cz i x sabar sgt.heheh. and bila i call diorg mintak u nye ic number, then i bagi, then diorang tanye course apa..i ckp la architecture..and then diorg pun check kan, dia cakap tahniah dik, adik dapat scholarship ni, nanti tunggu surat dp kami ye.."

"oh dia cakap camtu?"

"yup. x caye lagi ke? sumpah u, i x tipu"

"haha..caye caye...God, x sangke...." ( waktu ni barula menjerit kegembiraan ) i was in the car, so everyone was like..hani apahal jerit2 nih? huhu..actually diorang xtau i was on the phone ckp psl scholarship.

that's how it went
the plan that God made for me, alhamdulillah
a few weeks later, jpa offer later came
TAHNIAH..bla..bla.blaaa..
SENI BINA :)
3 TAHUN
AUSTRALIA..
18 bulan
AUSMAT- uh-uh ausmat?? what's that?? macam penah dengar..hurmmmm
oh ausmat..yeap, heard of it once..erm, australian matriculation?
yes australian matriculation..sounds cool..haha..buttt...u guys know it well, no need details hah ;p

July 2008..my journey started in KBU international college
6 months bridging programme and it ended with IELTS.
2009...AUSMAT..a year full of tears and joy. i still can't believe i went through it..how torturing it was. but it was worth it. after 10 months of torture..i finally graduated succesfully. i must say, my TER score is not as high as the rest, but i'm truly glad and thankful :) alhamdulillah..
shortly after that, the university.. I got into the university of Adelaide :) my first choice
and i'll be flying in less than a month..

FLYING?? oh yess hani..u're going oversea..that's the plan

A plan that was not even in my mind back then..

and here i am, planning my life over there..it's a mixture of feelings.. i feel happy of course, and excited to an extent, getting to a new different environment. i'm afraid too cz i dnt know what to expect, and it's gonna be far far away from home..

it's true, we made the plan, but God decide for us.

and i hope and pray for the best.. :)







3 comments:

  1. u definitely deserve it! hanyyyy~~~ :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. hi! i'm a friend of farhana's. all the best to you! congrats!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations. An opportunity that opens a wide road to a more meaningful future for U, Hani. Mak Caq sgt happy for u. An opportunity like this is a priviledge given to a handful only, but like they say, with priviledge comes responsibility. N ur main resposibility is just to study hard n make ur parents proud.

    ReplyDelete